According to historians,
this confusion of language and the subsequent scattering of people
"over the face of the whole earth" took place 500 years
before the oldest written language (Chinese) was created.
A few points:
i.) The Tower of Babel was located in present day Iraq,
ii.) All nations migrated or moved from Iraq.
iii.) The Chinese would have walked or migrated from the West to China.
iv.) Migrate: To move from one country or region to another.
v.) Ancient written Chinese:
Great + Division + West + Walk = Migrate
When certain descendants of the 8 survivors of Noah's Ark
arrived in present day China, they recorded their history info
in the newly created written language (ancient Chinese).
JoeU, Courier-Journal forums 35 Comments
[12/4/2007 2:14:30 PM]
Fundie Index: 2
I took Japanese, not Chinese, but enough to see just how much total bullpucky that link was. It's the most beautiful train wreck I've seen all night, so I forwarded it to my prof, too. I expect an expletives-and-capslock-filled rant in the morning. ^_^
12/4/2007 9:01:11 PM
Liar! Every good fundie knows that God only writes in KJV EnglisH!
12/4/2007 9:08:16 PM
Whose ass did you pull this out of?
12/4/2007 9:27:58 PM
Yeah, that's some powerful crack they're smoking, whoever concocted this theory.
12/4/2007 9:56:28 PM
Szena: Well then, let me debunk it one by one. The arguments are listed by order of the slides.
1. Claims older brother is a combination of mouth and man. Unfortunately, that word they thought was 'man' (?) is actually 'son' or 'little'(?). You'll see this same mistake several times.
2. Shang Ti is actually the first king of the Shang Dynasty (4000 years ago) meaning he was born like a man before becoming a deity.
3. All those claims of Chinese being the oldest language, of course, is bullshit.
4. I see the problem now. The four words he claims make up the word 'Migrate' are actually Great+Was+West+Sail/Travel. (Assuming the second one may be a error commited in the same way as my first point)
5. "To Talk"... I've never seen that word before. Besides, the 'stroke' he claims is the word 'alive' is nothing more than a stroke.
6. BTW, the Chinese have a similar myth about a Goddess creating man out of clay on the seventh day. It also has the story of a great flood, although this was the result of a battle between the Creator goddess and a demon. That could be the origin of the word, I dunno.
7. 'Happiness'- The word he claims is the word garden (?) actually means farming field.
8. The word for enclosed is not the same as mouth(?).
9. ? does not mean secret. It forms part of the word "What".
10. The word ? means wide, not cover. Besides, the word is simplified, meaning it's not used before 1983.
11. The word he uses for 'piece'... I've never seen that before.
12. The word he uses for earth (?/??) is actually one (?).
13. I have never seen the word he claims means 'united'.
14. That is not the word for inherit. I forget what it means though.
So much fail in one powerpoint. I may be wrong, its been a while I stopped learning (I'm still a native speaker, I just don't have the skill of a graduate student) and a lot of the chinese words seems to have dropped out of the language. Unfortunately he also uses a lot of Simplified English which didn't exist prior to the 20th century.
edit: Fuxk, the characters are not showing.
12/4/2007 10:22:32 PM
Thanks ArmandT, for using your language. I read this 2/5ths to be horribly pissed at the stupid people who I hope I never see, and 3/5ths to read how and why those people are wrong about science and philosophy I don't have time to properly read up on myself. I hope everyone here posts with the intent to be informative.
12/5/2007 12:01:42 AM
I do my part, you do yours, that's all.
12/5/2007 1:49:28 PM
My babel fish just got fin rot from this.
12/5/2007 2:09:56 PM
@ArmandT - thanks!
12/5/2007 3:20:43 PM
Wait until he sees the results of the DNA tests.
12/27/2009 9:50:22 AM