(=Fundie backlash against pro gay Christian YouTube channel “Taboo Topics”=)
1. CableCutter: Inc When paul wrote that he wasnt referring to moral law....he was talking about ceremony laws.... so its ok to kill ?(thats what you are saying, when you said paul said we are no longer under the law. Your hermeneutic (BIBLE interpretation) is so wrong.
2. Anthony J. McGirr: You don't care about the truth. And you are pushing an agenda. That's why you keep posting anti-Christian posts.
3. Melvin Castillo: Her spirit is weak.
4. Jeffrey Potter: You have elevated emotions above truth. If you can use the Bible to justify anything...throw it away. You don't need it. You can manipulate it to say anything you want. It saddens me to think what potential you have in being trained in righteousness and being equipped for God's kingdom. There is still time to repent. My heart breaks for ya'. All of our battles are in the realm of the spiritual... If homosexuality was normal and God was okay with it...then if you could place all of like gendered homosexual people on an island with no traveling off that island and no other visitors able to come to the island....after 150 years...would there be any families? Granted... there have been some interesting questions one can ask the pastors to keep them accountable to God's word and feeding His sheep...but to say that what the Holy Spirit teaches is wrong cuz it doesn't line up with your feelings or interpretation is basically you having a tantrum against God cuz your pastors may not have been well equipped to deal with the seeker and questioner as opposed to just keeping the pews filled and etc. As much as you hold up the human emotion to be such a gentle thing that shouldn't be damaged... I can see that you're hurting. I will pray for you.
5. Josh DeSalvo Sure: many of the laws were related to being seperate from the other pagan nations regarding clothes, foods consumed, and other aesthetic aspects which was done away with after Christ fulfilled the law and Gentiles were welcomed into the Kingdom of God. However, Jesus nor any other text in scripture, indicates giving up the entirety of the law such as being obedient to God and His commands as well as the judiciary system necessary to solve issues within the church. We understand this through how Jesus communicates with His disciples as well as how Paul communicates with the church's through His letters, they speak with the understanding that the audience knows the commands he has laid out for them in the Old Testament and should be following them accordingly. Only thing mentioned in scripture regarding gentiles following the "Jewish Law" related to circumcision and foods sacrificed to idols in Acts 15:29. Paul identifies the necessity of law in Roman's 7 and 8 and our expectations of Christians and the necessity to follow the law.
6. Shayla: The same arguments in this video have been proven by Christian scholars and apologists to be inconsistent. These are old arguments. It’s very easy to say what she’s saying in an isolated environment without actually testing the validity and consistency of her statements against someone who truly understands the Bible. Her error stems from completely misunderstanding the covenants within the Bible and the purpose and application of each covenant which is illustrated as you move from the old to the New Testament. They are entwined. Misunderstanding that leads to exactly what we see in this video. Nice try though
7. Jam AK: An atheist who doesn t have the Holy spirit gives us a bible study! Good fruit is sexual immorality????what???? Homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of God (1corinthians 6:9-10 i read in other languages it translates as homosexuals... nice try.