What everyone else said.
We don't deny that bigotry is everywhere but many in the South CELEBRATE their silly attempt to create their own country where they can keep people as livestock.
The past 150+ years has been one scheme of butthurt over another to keep the Black Person down because you refuse to learn your lesson and have too much pride and ego to accept a defeat!....
* You destroyed Reconstruction, came up with Jim Crow laws.
* Came up with the Southern Strategy, the War on Drugs and the Prison-Industrial Complex (and make those last three national) which would disproportionately affect POCs and keep slavery legally going (due to a clause in the 13th Amendment which banned slavery....with exception of convicts in prison).
* You messed with or destroyed Black communities that were self-sufficient, prosperous and hard-working (proving all your silly theories about Blacks falser than my mom's teeth) with mass-murder, riots, road-building projects and possibly even introducing certain illicit drugs (like heroin & crack) via CIA Black Ops crap.
* When housing projects for low-income families were built (to give them nice inexpensive homes and not starve or be homeless), you did all you can to defund them and turn them into the very slums they were supposed to be the antithesis of.
....The worst of the Deep South (and those from elsewhere with that same spirit) will do anything to keep various Peoples of Color (any color other than white) down....especially Blacks! Whitey's pride and ego is so vast and fragile that they feel utterly insulted by losing a stupid war they should have lost and the fact that Blacks and other Non-Whites are humans and their EQUALS!
I HATE WHITE SUPREMACISTS! YOU DO NOT REPRESENT ME, BUSTER! I'M A GOOD WHITE PERSON!
P.S.: While The Dukes of Hazzard was a great show and loads of fun, that famous car of theirs is a problem. If that show were to be released as reruns, today....some digital editing would definitely be in order....
* Call that famous Dodge Charger "The General" and mute the "Lee" part.
* Make the car horn toot "Yankee Doodle" or some other jaunty tune of American patriotism.
* Get some really good digital editors to either remove the Confederate Battle Flag from the roof or replace it with the Good Ol' Stars & Stripes.
....Some may balk at this as "Political Correctness Gone Mad" (like they balked at editing out smoking products from old Disney cartoon shorts, giving the Feds in E.T. walkie-talkies or Mammy Two Shoes re-dubbed with a black woman who doesn't talk like an idiot). However; If one is to present something to a new generation, it would be sensible to make some tweaks (while preserving the original unedited versions for historical value. Even I get weirded out by Goofy smoking a cigarette.)....well, as long as the tweaks are well-done, make sense and don't look awkward (some walkie-talkies should just be replaced by nothing).
Heck; I'd love to see a re-release of Song of the South that's just the cartoon sequences. The movie scenes (the kids gathered around 'MISTER Remus') before and after as framing devices....
* 'Uncle Remus' can be renamed 'Mr. Remus' and the 'Tar Baby' renamed the 'Tar Doll', 'Pitch Kid', 'Tar Dummy' (I like this one the best, it rhymes with 'Tar Baby' and has the same number of syllables), etc.
* They can get some voice actors who can sound just like the originals to re-record some words or dialogue and dub it over the more problematic stuff like 'Uncle Remus' or 'Tar Baby'.
* Rabbit can keep his "Black voice" but Bear & Fox can have "White Redneck" voices.
....If all that editing of the above is too much of a bother, start each show with a disclaimer, "The Dukes of Hazzard was filmed in the early 1980's when Confederate imagery was simply 'tongue in cheek', a 'historical reference' or 'Southern Pride', the Duke Boys were never intended to be racists, etc. etc. etc."
Anyhoo; Ditch the confederate Monuments (smash them or put the 'better quality' ones in museums) and replace them with monuments to the Slaves, Civil Rights Figures and Union heroes like General Grant (one could turn that Charlottesville, Va. statue of Lee in majestically astride a horse into Grant majestically astride a horse).