Humbly, you won't find a more sincere man on the internet than myself….
Well; You’re no doubt sincere and you’re sincere in being sincerely wrong.
…..who loves God and truth!….
You certainly love A “god” but I doubt it’s that nice 2000 year old peacenik SJW Jewish itinerant Rabbi/Avatar of YHVH. You also have spontaneously-combusting leg-wear.
I want to be as truthful and accurate as possible, because as Dr. David Gibbs Jr.'s mother says, “I WANT TO MAKE JESUS LOOK GOOD!”
Well; You won’t do that with being a “Porcupine Preacher”. Something repressive, angry, bigoted and hateful towards everything is not my idea of an appealing message. That’s not how the human psyche works. It’s common sense, even ad agencies understand this. Frummies like you are the equivalent of some Bizarroverse PR person who advertises a product’s awfulness in a commercial and being shocked….SHOCKED that few are buying it.
As Mary Poppins stated; A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down. If you want people to follow Jesus and “be saved”, emphasize his LOVE and how he wants to help us and guide us and emphasize compassion, generosity, charity, kindness, etc. If you must condemn sins, condemn the obvious generalities….murder, rape, theft, deceit, cruelty, greed, hate, etc. and leave it at that. 86 the bigotry and sexism! Any loose ends, sin-wise, will be covered by The Blood of Jesus.
Finally; You’re theology makes no sense; You yammer about a multitude of things you consider sinful yet you state that Jesus is a “Get Outta Hell Free” Card so one can sin with abandon. If the latter is the case then you’re constant bellyaching over feminism, LGBTQ-rights, pop-culture, lady-pants, Taylor Swift, etc. is meaningless! If all of the above had the “Get Outta Hell Free With JC” Card, they can be as Gay-Feminist-Pants Lady-Pop/Rock/Rap Singer-etc. as possible and still get the “Big Guy In The Sky Seal Of Approval”.
So please….please….Rub one out and enjoy yourself. You’ll feel better. Deity made the world and declared it good. To reject Deity’s creation would be blasphemy.
Look, Dave; Frummerism is wrong. One can still be a devoted believer/person of Faith if they aren’t frummy…..
* FIRST: It’s the message that counts, not the medium. The interpretation does not need to be literal or historical to be true.
* SECOND: Deity (if it’s a separate being) is hands-off, only dropping hints via the rare spiritual adept and we people are to try to fill in the blanks and figure it out ourselves.
* THIRD: If Deity revealed itself fully to anyone, it could cause a person to go insane, hence Deity being completely invisible and vague and who’s messages are heavily-filtered through the human messenger’s personal beliefs, prejudices and cultural biases.
* FOURTH: Context and the culture in which the stuff was written MUST be considered as well as WHY a certain teaching/prohibition was revealed/taught to begin with. Many moral and social teachings in the Bibles (both Hebrew & Nazarene Testaments), Quran, Puranas, Dhammapada, Granth, etc. may be rendered obsolete due to changes in culture, family structures, sanitation, science, medicine, etc.
** The many myriad rules over sex and marriage are due to the fact that contraception was mostly primitive, nobody knew about germ theory or why certain diseases happen, humans decided on the utterly biologically-absurd patrilenial inheritance system (hence extra restrictions on women) and couldn’t figure out biological paternity, yet. Patriarchy is a human invention, inheritance should’ve been matrilineal (since one knows who mothered the child).
** Since we now have safe and reliable contraception, know how reproduction works, can prevent and/or treat most STIs, can perform safe and painless (with anesthesia) sterilization surgeries and C-Sections, can prove paternity with DNA testing and live in a culture where anyone can support themselves with a job, raise a kid and demand child-support, most of these rules are best left in the Dustbin of History.
** Same with the many Hebrew/Islamic food prohibitions and male circumcision. In a desert society with little easy access to running water or knowledge of disease, it was imperative to keep penises clean and not get parasites and toxins from certain critters. Also; Due the above concerning sex, male pleasure had to be deadened a bit and a dried-up, uncircumcised penis-glans was in order.
* FIFTH: If a teaching causes more problems than it’s worth then it should be discarded. If a teaching promotes inequality among people, it is evil, demiurgic, and due to the prejudices of the person “revealing” the teaching. All humans are created equal and should only be judged on character and merit alone.
* SIXTH:Unless one is trained otherwise, a certain person is best off sticking with the text meant for them. A Christian has no business getting into the Hebrew Testament to the extent they do. Hebrew Testament for the Jews, N.T. for the Christians and Quran for the Muslims. Unless a Christian is especially theologically trained by Jewish scholars, they really shouldn’t heavily-interpret the H.T. (they can accept it in the historical/background sense but they should focus on the N.T. more). The Christian way on interpreting the H.T. is screwy and Jews think the Christians are idiots about it. The background of what was going on in Mohammed’s life an his tribe needs to be considered when reading the Quran (as well as having knowledge of Arabic).
* FINALLY: Deity gave you the ability to REASON! USE IT! Faith & Reason are not enemies! They are two sides of a coin! Also; Although Matter is imperfect, finite, and corruptible, it’s made of the same substance as Spirit and is therefore, perfectly good and holy. Body, Psyche & Spirit are ONE! They are not separate but simply “colors” in the “spectrum” of the “light” that is Known Reality. We are just percieving wavelengths. If I may use the analogy of FM Radio, people alive on Earth, now are on “Channel Matter (88 FM)” and when we croak, we’ll function on “Channel Spirit (108 FM)”.