Re: Tsinghua University suspends Xu Zhangrun, Chinese law professor who criticised Xi Jinping
I'm having my morning cereal and having a good chuckle at the NSA's Team C factory trolls trying to shut down comments that don't fit their talking points (as usual).
The principle being reported here is being able to criticize, mock or disrespect your political leaders, which they insinuate is freely done in Western countries. And how these trolls go out of their way to condemn Tsinghua U. for suspending the Prof. For the benefit of the lazy trolls here, let me highlight a sample of what happened to citizens of the West who criticized their political leaders:
1. Russia Passes Law Punishing Disrespect’ and Fake News’ - US News, March 2019
2. Dixie Chicks pulled from the air after bashing Bush
3. US DJ fired after saying Bush "skedaddled" after 9/11
4. Phil Donahue's highly rated show was cancelled after criticizing Iraq War
5. Female cyclist lost job after giving Trump the middle finger as he was leaving his golf club in Virginia
6. Australian radio dj fired after asking then PM Julia Gillard about her partner’s sexuality during a live interview.
7. 21-year old Canadian page fired for staging anti-Harper (the then PM) protest.
Any of you trolls want to cry about "whataboutism" or make other excuses for having your anti-China bias and hypocrisy exposed again?