(commenting on story “Freedom From Religion Foundation Lodges Complaint Against Teacher for ‘Undermining Theory of Evolution’”):
I can't believe that intelligent human beings can believe the fairy stories raised by FFRF.
Lets list them....
1. The teacher undermined the teaching of evolution. FACT. There is nothing to undermine as it lacks substance.
2. A concerned parent. So one person's knowledge supersedes the knowledge of over 1,000 scientists.
3. He explained that none have been “able to find when something becomes something else” and that evolution is contrary to genetics, such as if a dog “underwent several mutations and became a cat.” So the teacher has to teach lies to satisfy one parent.
4. “So, what that means is that you have to play the evolutionary game because the people writing this are married to that idea, despite the new proofs and the science coming out,” he is quoted as saying about the exam. So the school demands that teachers teach lies.
5. Evolution, like gravity, is a scientific fact. … No controversy exists in the scientific community regarding the fact of evolution, Another lie that the school has swallowed hook line and sinker.
6. “Teaching creationism or any of its offshoots, such as intelligent design, in a public school is unlawful because creationism is not based on fact.” And evolution is based on fantasy but never mind if students do not learn the facts.
7. “Mr. Lucason must be directed to refrain from promoting religion or attacking evolution to his students,” it opined. “If he cannot do this, he cannot be a teacher in a public school.” But the school is bowing to the dictates of a religion of no religion.
8. The parent who complained to FFRF — who has remained anonymous — similarly claimed to the Utica Observer-Dispatch,“A biology teacher telling students that evolution can cause only minor changes within a species and cannot cause one species to gradually become a different species over the course of thousands of years is the equivalent of a math teacher telling students that it’s possible to add two plus three, but it’s impossible to multiply 987 by 6,789.” Evolution is pure supposition with no factual evidence. Maths is factual with plenty of evidence.
9. “We have consulted with our legal counsel to confirm a clear understanding of the constitutional requirements referred to in your letter regarding instruction on evolution,” he wrote. There is nothing in the Constitution about teaching evolution.
Seems that the school is run by a group of blockheads that do not have single spine amongst them, letting one parent dictate curriculum.