It’s that time of year again: The 2019 FOTY awards. A special recognition for the most heinous, ridiculous, silly, and memorable quotes and sources of quotes for this year. As always, you need to make an account to vote.
pyro says the darndest things
Also, I just added the “Date…” thing because I knew you’d want it to make the process of finding quotes to nominate more practical. Sorry it took so long to add it back after the big redesign.
If you want to find David J Stewart quotes in January, for example, you’d run a David J Stewart search, then click Date…, then set “posts before” to January 31st and “posts after” to January 1st. The result would be https://fstdt.com/?before_date=2019-01-31&after_date=2019-01-01&q=David+J+Stewart
For the first step, we’re going to do a nomination round. To nominate a fundie for an award, leave a comment on this post saying who you want to nominate, and for what award, along with some justification (quote links, in particular). For example, if I wanted to nominate African Cichlids for the Best Fish award, I would write this:
[b]Best fish: African Cichlids[/b]
Because these fish are beautiful, and they can be raised in fresh-water tanks. Salt-water tanks are painful to maintain.
You can second someone else's recommendation by starring it.
Categories that don’t receive much attention will be culled, since they’re not much fun. I’d like to leave most of the categories up to the community, but we’re probably doing these ones:
Fundie of the year
Quote of the year
* Funniest quote
* Most disturbing quote: formally referred to as “nightmare fuel”
* One-liner of the year: Two sentences and 280 characters max (you know, the length of a www.twitter.com post), ideally less
* Beyond the trifecta: best quote that falls under more than three #tags
* “HUH?!” of the year: For quotes that appear to be fundie based on a few key words, but what the poster actually intends to say is a mystery
* Board of the year: may be fundie, racist, conspiracy theory, etc.
* Movement of the year: “Grassroots” attempts like #WalkAway, It’s Okay to Be White, and Drop the T.
* Quote submitter of the year: Don’t nominate @pyro. I don’t submit nearly enough.
* Comment of the year: Please click the #12345 number to get a link to just the comment.
* Troll of the year: A special award for fundies that show up in the comment section. Don’t nominate @pyro. That kind of thing is only funny the first time.